Cessna CE-500 Initial Training Program
RTC’s 13-day CE-500 Initial Training Program introduces a qualified pilot to the systems and procedures to familiarize you with the Cessna CE-500 Series aircraft. Our comprehensive ground school covers the general aircraft information including electrical, hydraulic, powerplant, communication equipment, cockpit familiarization, use of checklists, and much more.
At RTC, we offer a more personalized experience where you will work closely with the instructor during your classroom time – and you will be provided guidance on familiar and unfamiliar scenarios in our Simulators. Our instructors’ goal with our simulated flight training is to get you oriented and comfortable with the Cessna CE-500 Series aircraft whether you have experience in a similar environment or if the configuration is brand new to you. Keep reading to learn more about the eligibility requirements and sign up for our CE-500 Initial Training Program today!
In order for the applicant to receive an unrestricted Type Rating, the applicant must meet at least one of the following criteria; (§61.64(b))
• Hold a type rating in a turbojet airplane of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought, and that type rating may not contain a supervised operating experience limitation;
• Have 1,000 hours of flight time in two different turbojet airplanes of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought;
• Have been appointed by the U.S. Armed Forces as a pilot in command in a turbojet airplane of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought;
• Have 500 hours of flight time in the same type of airplane for which the type rating is sought;
• Have logged at least 2,000 hours of flight time, of which 500 hours were in turbine-powered airplanes of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought.
If the applicant does not meet one of the experience requirements of paragraphs §61.64(b)(1) through (5), as appropriate to the type rating sought, then—
• The applicant must complete the following tasks on the practical test in an aircraft appropriate to category, class, and type for the rating sought: Preflight inspection, normal takeoff, normal instrument landing system approach, missed approach, and normal landing; or
• The applicant’s pilot certificate will be issued with a limitation that states: “The CE-500 Type Rating is subject to pilot in command limitations,” and the applicant is restricted from serving as a pilot in command in an aircraft of that type.
• This limitation may be removed from the pilot certificate if the applicant complies with the following—
• Performs 25 hours of flight time in an aircraft of the category, class, and type for which the limitation applies under the direct observation of the pilot in command who holds a category, class, and type rating, without limitations, for the aircraft;
• Logs each flight and the pilot in command who observed the flight attests in writing to each flight;
• Obtains the flight time while performing the duties of pilot in command; and
• Presents evidence of the supervised operating experience to any Examiner or Flight Standards office to have the limitation removed.
Total Duration – 13 Days
Aircraft Ground Training – 47 Hours
Briefing – 9 Hours
Flight Training – 12 Hours